Candidates: Koong Hui Yein

Koong Hui Yein
IW: Oct 2008
Expedition:
Borneo Summer 09E
Currently: Studying Economics in HELP Academy
Preferred committee role: Skills Officer, PR Officer


I had volunteered for Raleigh KL as Projects Officer for the term 2009-2010, and also as Expedition Officer for the term 2010-2011.

My hobby is to tell people to join Expedition, share stories of Expedition and reasons to join Expedition. My interest is to see and send people to expedition.

It’s always a good question when people ask you why volunteer for Raleigh KL. Raleigh KL is one of the best ways to expose yourselves to issues that matter and meeting people from all backgrounds (sounds like expedition…). But hell yeah, it’s another version of youth development apart from going expedition. Some people from Raleigh KL influenced to take care of Mother Earth, some people in Raleigh KL taught me that we need to take care of the marginalised communities, some people in Raleigh KL taught me to be crazy but have fun at the same time (with safety measures..), some people in Raleigh KL taught me to be hardworking, not just for your studies but also when you are completing tasks, some people is just so inspiring that they teach you to believe in your dreams relentlessly…..to summarise, it’s people from Raleigh KL that taught me to make positive changes to myself and others =D.

My hope for Raleigh KL is that it should be run in a sustainable manner where everyone can still come back and say “hey mate, how are you” no matter how far they have been and come back, and share their amazing experience to continuously inspire young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment