Candidates: Chong Poh E

Chong Poh-E
IW: Oct 2008
Expedition: Borneo Spring 09B
Currently: 'feeding-my-tummy' position, Research Executive
Preferred committee role: President

Hi everyone,
My name is Poh-E and I am interested in joining to be one of Raleigh KL's committee 2011/12. 
To introduce myself, I would like to write a small piece of note over here.

During my college/ uni years, I was seeking for something 'different' and a friend of mine shared her Raleigh experience with me, and she said "Poh-E, Raleigh is very you! You're very 'Raleigh'! Come to the camp, it costs only RM 38 (at that time) and I bet you'll have fun!". At that time, I, who was very active running another ngo named LEO club, had doubt in her that 'how could a camp costs you for ONLY RM 38?" I rejected her invite politely. Few months later, she came back from Raleigh expedition and had major differences in her (soul, mind etc) and it wonders me a lot. 

Not long later, I attended my very first Raleigh monthly meet and there go my stories with Raleigh Kl.......

I was in the Raleigh KL committee in 2010 as PR and it helped me a lot in developing various skills such as leadership, communication, and being analytic. Also, I participated various IW too as staff exploring different skills i.e. camp chief, camp assistant, log assistant and coordinator.

Despite I took a year break from being the committee though still actively involved in Raleigh activities.
I have been thinking of joining back the comm because I noticed 'Being part of Raleigh has become my very chicken soul'.

Throughout my years in Raleigh, I see the strength and room of improvement for Raleigh KL and shared with some of my Raleigh fellows too.

Therefore, through this opportunity, I would like to share it with you during the AGM and if it does ring your bell, VOTE FOR ME.

So, I would like to sincerely ask for you to prepare to ready your ears for my little introduction of myself + how we can discover & develop each other (Raleigh & you) during the AGM.

Till then, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment