Candidates: Han Shu May

Han Shu May
IW: May 2010
Expedition: Autumn Borneo Expedition 2010
Currently: Studying Canadian Pre-U at Taylor's College
Preferred committee role: Secretary 1, Skills Officer

My name is Han Shu May and I will be 19 this year. I am currently pursuing the Ontario Secondary School Diploma at Taylor’s College Subang Jaya and I hope to study abroad in Canada. I’ve been involved with Raleigh activities since 2010. I was a participant in the IW May 2010 and a staff for IWs March and May 2011. I was also on the Autumn Borneo Expedition 2010. It was through Raleigh that I discovered the two things that I enjoy doing the most besides music and travels, which is volunteer work and outdoor activities. I believe that one of my redeeming abilities is to stay calm.

I have decided to run for a place in the committee because I feel that I should put what I have experienced and learnt in the past year and a half with Raleigh to good use. To be honest I do not feel ready to take on a place as it is a big responsibility but if given the chance, I will do my best to be a useful member of the committee and help keep the Raleigh spirit alive. I hope to make Raleigh something that more people will be interested in by having more outdoor monthly meets and community service projects.

Thank you for considering my application.

Best regards,
Shu May

No comments:

Post a Comment