Candidates: Tam Kar Lye

Tam Kar Lye
IW: Sept 2006
Expedition: Borneo Summer 07F
Currently: Program Manager in a travel company.
Preferred Role: President

 “It is a rollercoaster ride” – Rory Hall once said.

It is indeed a rollercoaster ride” KarLye Tam says.

So there you have it my name. Age is merely a number to me, as I have seen so many wonderful individuals going the extraordinary less travelled path, leading change, making a difference.

Hello Raleigh-ian,
I would want to run to be the next President, AGAIN.

This is the same story I have been telling many people whom know me, or came to cross path in my life:
Once upon a time, I read about Raleigh through WilliamChan’s article, had a memory of reading about it, thought of going home to check it out, but never got to that point. One fine day 1year later, I saw the ad of IW in TheSun (well, fate! What are the odds? I do not have newspaper at home, and The Sun is on free circulation….), so that has changed the rest of my life thus far.

I spent most of my first year uni being in and out of Raleigh, running a community project for the first time in my life under a great mentor – coordinating over 60 people over the course of 3weeks was no easy task for a newbie. A natural progression of the Raleigh 4 challenges, I went on to run my first ever marathon in the name of fundraising. Fast forward, went on Expedition 07F.
Comm term 07/08 – PR Officer2
Comm term 08/09 – Expedition Officer
Comm term 09/10 – Secretary2
Comm term 10/11 – President

On and on I have been inspired by my Dream Team (the current comm), fellow friends from RaleighHongKong and RaleighSingapore. Lydia once said, “Raleigh people are some of the most difficult people to work with, because they fight for what they think it is right. BUT, the magic will come through when everyone compromise.” And the latest one, that had me made a very important decision, “3P’s = Process, Passion, Purpose =  this is what I see Raleigh KL is all about”, Ruth.

We used to play an energizer,” What is Raleigh to you?”, I answered, “Raleigh… is my life, currently.” And that defines, my hobby, passion, strength and interest.

Volunteering for Raleigh is more than service learning, it is the people in it that makes it so meaningful. You have somebody who openly claims to be lame, someone who is always asking me to be not so “jap cheuk” = stubborn in Chinese, most who are so passionate in getting people to expedition. Having attended a recent youth conference, I am here to declare, “MY HEART SPELLS R.A.L.E.I.G.H”, as quoted by GQ, once upon a time.

Being in Raleigh I have learned that literally nothing is impossible, if you never ask/try, you’ll never know.  So here I am, I ask for you, dear Raleigh-ian, to come for AGM, and cast your vote.

My plans for Raleigh is none other than the B2B – Back2Basics. Wanna know more? Hear me out in AGM!

Boleh bah klo Raleigh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment